PayNearMe, a nimble Financial Technology company seeks an experienced technical support engineer to help our fast growing list of merchants successfully leverage our platform that enables them to collect billions of dollars in payments. You should have at least 3 years experience supporting production Ruby on Rails applications and enjoy diving into interesting technical challenges, while continuously delivering high-quality solutions using a carefully planned approach.
- Welcome new merchants to our platform by assisting our Merchant Services team with technical tasks related to onboarding
- Provide an outstanding experience to merchant and consumer users by adding incremental features and resolving critical issues
- Monitor existing infrastructure and processes, identifying areas of weaknesses and proposing improvements
- Explore new technologies to drive growth and performance improvements
- Create and champion documentation for platform best practices
- Exhibit expert communication skills (especially in a remote environment)
- Participate and contribute to all Agile processes and sessions
- Responsible for Company’s information security by preserving confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Company’s information assets and customer data in accordance with Company’s Information Security Management System.
- At least 2 years experience of Ruby and Rails, including Test Driven Development
- At least 3 years experience supporting large scale production applications
- 5+ years of experience solving technical issues for customers with high expectations
- Outstanding critical thinking, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Strong project management skills to juggle small features vs support requests
- Familiarity with application monitoring solutions (Splunk, Looker, New Relic, etc)
PayNearMe began in 2009 with the goal of giving cash users the same convenience that debit and credit card users enjoy when paying bills and making online purchases. Today, we offer a network of 17,000 retail locations such as 7-Eleven and CVS, where consumers can make cash payments for everything from utilities and child support payments to bike share membership.
The PayNearMe family is led by a team of experts from the payments, mobile and retail IT worlds. We exist to build affordably-priced, innovative products that make it easier for consumers to conduct financial transactions and for businesses to serve those consumers.
At Handle Financial you can take advantage of the following perks:
- Flexible, fully remote work schedule
- Fun, collaborative and vibrant culture
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen